6Ps - Inspiration

"
"The places that I never see are places where I long to be a new location beneath my feet makes life o so sweet.

Wednesday 24 June 2015

The tolerance of those we visit

Due to technical difficulties at this stage we are unable to bring you pictures on the blog but you can view some by clicking on our Instagram page (at right ).

We are forever amazed at how our Indonesian neighbours tolerate the tourist behaviour of just about all nationalities. While at home we all tend to do the same thing and understand some of our peculiar behaviours it does appear very strange to these people.

Remember there are millions of people in a small space, each trying to carve out a living to survive. A government that like all governments are in it for themselves, so in a way we are common in our selfish administrators.

A lot of these people can speak a multitude of languages, because it assists them to survive in their jobs with tourists. Funny thing that, as an Australian I only know 2 languages - English and bad.

So what am I trying to say? Well if there was ever a major diplomatic event between Australia and Indonesia it would only be Governments that would want action, because like you and I, the real people only see each other as people battling to survive.

This may raise the ire of recent shootings in Bali however that issue is about capital punishment not about real people.....you and I. Don't forget that land of freedom of all things great still kill,people for crimes.......America the good old US of A.

I take my hat off to you my friends in Indonesia. You make us all welcome and are improving your lives. Good on you.

Aloha

No comments:

Post a Comment